Shortcut to Success
Website Shortcut to Success
You've finally got them to visit your website. How do you make it easy for them to come back?. What is the shortcut to success?
Spend 1 minute going through the following checks. Make sure that you make it easy for them to come back.
On their phone, on their table or on their computer, people love to bookmark favourites so that they can easily get back to websites that they like. However, unless things are set up properly, the image that is used is not representative of your website. This makes for inconsistent branding, and makes it more difficult for them to remember what is where.
Quickly check to see whether your website is set up with shortcuts to success, or whether you have been caught out by this common, basic mistake. The instructions are below.
- Open your browser on your computer, and go to your website.
- Next to the URL in the address bar you should see a small icon. It should look like yours, not the symbol for the browser
- Add the page as a Favourite or Bookmark. How this is done can vary between operating systems and browsers. This should display a small icon like yours next to that Favourite.
- Create a Desktop shortcut. How this is done can vary between operating systems. It should display a larger version of your icon, not the symbol for the browser.
- Now do something similar on your smart phone or tablet.
- Open your browser and go to your website.
- Create a shortcut. How this is done can vary between operating systems. However, you want to "Add to Home Screen", or something similar.
- Your Home Screen should now have a shortcut that uses your icon. It should have the style of buttons on that device so that it doesn't look clunky.
If you need an example of where these appear and how they should look, repeat the above, but use www.initiative2.com rather than your own website.
If everything appears to be OK, then congratulations. Although this is how it ought to be, so many websites fail these basic checks that your competitors are giving you a head start. However, if you would like an even bigger advantage, get in touch and I can tell you how we could help you.
But what if you have a problem? If you don't care about your website marketing, then it's not really an issue. However, you wouldn't have read this far, would you?
Usually I would suggest that you first contact whoever looks after your website. However, you may now realise that website design and website marketing are two different skill sets. That is why web designers pass clients to us. Get in touch and I can tell you how we could help you.
I hope that everything is in order with your website, but if not, at least you now know, and I look forward to hearing from you.
This is one of a series of articles that deal with common issues when promoting your business online. We hope that you found it useful. Go to our online marketing tips to see previous pieces of advice. If there are any topics that you would like covered, please let us know.
If you need to promote your business online, then contact us.