The Benefits of Cheap Online Marketing
Every week I receive telephone calls and emails from people offering to get me to number 1 in Google. I'm sure that you do too. Even better, this is possible at a very low price. While this sounds like great news for you, if it were true, then it wouldn't be good for us!
Spend 1 minute going through the following to reassure yourself that these too-good-to-be-true offers are too good to be true.
This is not a "use us" email. The people losing out are unlikely to be willing or able to engage us. Nevertheless, it annoys me to see people being taken advantage of.
We've seen pricing from $79 per month.
- How much time do you expect them to spend, especially given the long list of things that they claim that they will do?
- These skills are transferrable, so if they are good, why aren't they employed by someone who pays a lot more?
- Business that are successful with their online marketing happily pay much more (because it is necessary); so why charge you so little?
The offering is not specific to your requirements.
- They know nothing about your business.
- They know nothing about your market.
- They know nothing about what marketing you have done and are doing.
- Often sent from a disposable Gmail email addresses. (Suggests a spammer?).
- Number 1 for what? Which keyword(s) or phrase(s)?
- Long list of activities (most of which no longer work).
At best, what they will do for your money will achieve nothing; at worst, it will get you removed from Google.
If you have a small budget, then I would strongly suggest that you don't spend it on the above in the vain hope that you will be one of the few that succeed. Better to use your money elsewhere, or have a very focused, targeted online marketing campaign.
Speak to whomever looks after your online marketing and see what they suggest. You may wish to speak to us, but we will only accept an assignment if we genuinely believe that we can generate you a positive return on your investment.
So in conclusion, the benefits of cheap online marketing are not to you. Finally, just because someone charges a lot, doesn't necessarily make them any better; it's just less likely that you will "give it a go" because it's not much money.
If you haven't been caught out, then congratulations. But what if you have a problem? If you don't care about your website marketing, then it's not really an issue. However, you wouldn't have read this far, would you?
If you would like some advice, then please give us a call. Initiative2 is Aberdeen's specialist in this area. We've been getting more visitors since 2002.
This is one of a series of articles that deal with common issues when promoting your business online. We hope that you found it useful. Go to our online marketing tips to see previous pieces of advice. If there are any topics that you would like covered, please let us know.
If you need to promote your business online, then contact us.